CENTRAL FLORIDA REGION – SCCA
2020 PRO WORKER APPLICATION PROCESS
ATTENTION ALL WORKERS:
1 PURPOSE: To ensure a safe and pleasant racing experience, the CFR staffing team will review all applications for marshals. Credentials will be issued based on qualifications, experience, ability, attitude, dependability, and willingness to do what is necessary to make the event safe and successful. These marshals must be willing to work during their assigned shifts EVERY day of the event as well as performing the duties assigned to them. Marshals will be required to attend ALL specialty meetings and MUST comply with the organizers’ supplemental regulations.
2 EVENT SPECIFIC: To help make assignments for each pro event, all potential marshals MUST complete and return the Central Florida Region Pro Race Worker Application form. Each link is event specific therefore a new form MUST be completed for each Pro event that CFR is charged with staffing.
Events included are:
- Rolex 24 at Daytona (January 22-27, 2020). This includes the Ferrari North America event on Monday, January 27. Marshals working the Farrari event will receive a $25 gas card and hotel voucher.
- REGISTRATION OPENS 12/10/19
- St Pete Grand Prix (March 12-15, 2020). March 12th is tentative. (Information will be forwarded as received)
- REGISTRATION NOT OPEN
- IMSA Sebring 12 Hours/WEC 1000 Miles of Sebring (March 18-21, 2020)
- DATES TENTATIVE/REGISTRATION NOT OPEN
3 THIS APPLICATION IS FOR INDIVIDUALS ONLY — ALL MEMBERS OF A GROUP MUST SUBMIT AN APPLICATION INDIVIDUALLY FOR CONSIDERATION. To eliminate delays in the processing of applications, ALL questions must be completed. Application acceptance may be delayed if pertinent information has to be requested.
4 NATIONAL/DIVISIONAL LICENSE HOLDERS: National and Divisional Specialty license holders or other equivalent license holders (based on organization) in good standing with their own regions/organizations and in good standing with the CFR Specialty Chiefs, will be given first consideration.
4a. INTERNATIONAL MARSHALS – Send a copy of marshal’s license with photo, event log card for 2019, and qualifying letter from your local chief marshal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5 REGIONAL LICENSE HOLDERS: Regional Specialty license holders or other equivalent license holders (based on organization) may be considered with the approval of the applicant’s home region/organization Specialty Chief. If you are a Regional License Holder, please provide name and contact info for your local Specialty Chief. License holders with less than two (2) years corner marshals experience must have qualifying letter from their regions flag chief or district administrator sent to CFRFlagchief@gmail.com.
6 REVIEW PROCESS: Your application will be reviewed by the CFR Staffing Team. You will receive written notification of your status from the Event Flag Chief (or other specialty chief as appropriate). Please be sure to add CFRProrace@gmail.com and CFRFlagchief@gmail.com to your allowed senders to ensure receipt of any and all emails regarding the application process.
7 PRIORITY: The first priority will be to properly staff ALL stations. Assignments will be created on an as needed basis. Once a station is determined sufficiently staffed, the next critical station will be addressed. Due to the limited number of credentials, we are no longer able to justify overstaffing one station while understaffing others. Assignments may be changed throughout the event based on the circumstances and needs of the specific circumstances. Corner assignment requests will be considered but are NOT guaranteed.
8 REGISTRATION: ALL workers must present current membership and license in order to receive event credentials. DUE TO LIABILITY ISSUES, THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
9 ABUSE OF CREDENTIALS: Credentials are for working personnel only. For example, if you have committed to working all days of the event, then fail to report for any of the assigned shifts without the notifying the CFR Specialty Chief, your credentials may be revoked for the remainder of the event and may include possible exclusion from future Pro Events that CFR is charged to staff.
10 WAITING LISTS: Applicants not selected in the initial assignment process will be placed on a waiting list. If a position becomes available due to a cancellation, the next applicant will be notified in writing by the Event Flag Chief
11 GENERAL SCHEDULING/FOOD SERVICE CONCERNS: For the 24 Hour event, each station is divided into 3 teams. Each team will work 4 hours on/8 hours off. The actual shift assignments will be made by the Corner Captain or Specialty Chief. Week day schedules will be determined by the Corner Captains/Specialty Chiefs. Shift rotation may change due to worker count.
12 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION – applications must be received by the date and time specified for each event to be considered:
- Rolex 24– Friday, January 17, 2020, 6:00pm EST
- St Pete Grand Prix– Friday, March 6, 2020, 6:00pm EST
- Sebring 12 Hour/WEC – Friday, March 13, 2019, 6:00pm EST
13 PRIMARY SPECIALTY CONTACTS:
- F&C – Jim Hooker at CFRFlagChief@gmail.com
- Pits – Scott Lucas at email@example.com
- Worker Support– Charlie Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14 SPECIAL NOTES:
- Guest passes are strictly limited to one per person on a first come, first serve basis, and can be requested in the application.
- Camping Accommodations for 24 Hours at Daytona
- Camping spaces are limited. Contact Charlie Leonard at email@example.com to reserve a space. Hook ups are NOT guaranteed. Plan accordingly.
- First time campers: There is no grass space for tenting. If tenting space becomes available, we will send updated information
- Camping Accommodations for 12 of Sebring/WEC
- Camping accommodation will consist of tents and cots only
- Campers will be responsible for sleeping bags, pillows, blankets, etc.
- Tent space will be available for WORKING STAFF ONLY.
- Traveling groups will be assigned together based on occupancy size of tent.
- All tents will be multi-occupants based on size of tent. You may be placed in tents with other workers.
- NO private accommodations will be available.
- Reservations can be requested in the application
- Camping accommodation will consist of tents and cots only
If you have read and understand the above rules and policies, click ACCEPT (below) to continue to the application process.
- Daytona 24 Hour – ACCEPT (Registration is open)
- St. Pete Grand Prix – ACCEPT (Registration is closed)
- 12 Hours of Sebring/WEC – ACCEPT (Registration is closed)
If you do not have a CFR SCCA Race Control Blue Card you will need to apply to get one: Blue Card Application Form