In anticipation of a larger turnout than usual for the last Daytona event before the 2015 National Championship RunOuffs, the August Double SARRC at Daytona (August 8-9) will have a different format this year. Instead of the traditional 6 group format with a qualifying session and a race on Saturday and again on Sunday, this year we will have an 8 group schedule with a 20 minute qualifying session for each group followed by a 20 minute Sprint Race and a 30 minute Feature Race. Both races will award SARRC points. Out-of-Towners will be encouraged to sign a SARRC points waiver to minimize their impact on the SARRC Championship. Registration will open on DLB a few days after the Sebring June Bug Dash weekend (June 13-14).
The schedule is as follows:
- Friday – SCCA Test Day – 5 run groups – 4 sessions scheduled for each group
- Saturday – 20 minute qualifying sessions – Group 1 through 8 followed by 20 minute Sprint races for Groups 1-6.
- Sunday – Hardship warmups (pit out to pit in) followed by 20 minute Sprint Races for Groups 7-8 followed by 30 minute Feature races for all 8 groups.
SARRC Race Groups:
- Group 1: FA, FB, FC, FE, FM, FS, FST, P1, P2
- Group 2: CF, FF, FV, F500
- Group 3: SRF, SRF3
- Group 4: STL, STU, T3, T4, ITB, ITC, B-Spec
- Group 5: EP, FP, HP, GTL, SPU, LEG
- Group 6: SM, SM5
- Group 7: GTA, GT1, GT2, GT3, AS, ASR, T1, T2, SPO, ITO
- Group 8: ITR, ITS, ITA, IT7, IT7R
Friday Test Day Groups:
- Group 1: CF, FF, FV, F500, SRF3
- Group 2: FA, FB, FC, FE, FS, FST, FM, P1, P2
- Group 3: SRF, ITR, ITS, ITA, EP, FP, GTL, STL, STU, T3, T4
- Group 4: GTA, GT1, GT2, GT3, AS, ASR, T1, T2, SPO, ITO
- Group 5: SM,SM5, ITB, ITC, IT7, IT7R, HP, LEG, SPU, B-Spec